Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Transpotting

I sort of liked this film. Not too much but it was entertaining. Some aspects of it were better than the others but one scene that I didnt like was, yeah like most people, the scenes with the baby and ultimately the death of the baby. That bothered me because RIGHT AFTER it died, the mother asked for a hit so it's astounding to me that drugs can have that affect on people to that degree, to give up on their care for their offsprings and fixate on their addictions. I liked how EWAN and his friends in the movie did things that rejected society, because at the beginning, it that monologue (choose life) it seemed like he DIDN'T want to do the lists he listed but at the end, after he got the movie and decided to move to the states, I presume that's where he was going, he said HE WAS GOING to do those things and accept them. Interesting. What surprised me about the actual film was the pre-production - because after watching the making of the film, it surprised me that SO MUCH went into making the film like wardrobe, music, and props. This film, even though it was well-directed and well-edited, looked like NOTHING went into making it - it looked like low-budget but I guess that's why is was well-recieved by the critics because it WAS SO low-budge and still came out good with the script, acting, soundtrack and look of the film.

I'm familiar with the actor Robert Carlyle who played begbie! Good actor! I've seen him in THE BEACH, which is another Danny Boyle movie with Leonardo Dicaprio and Formula 51 (I think it's called) with Samuel L. Jackson. I liked his character, I think it's a stand out, especially with the bar scene which was hilarious but --

When it comes to the theme of the movie, I think it has to do with growing up and leaving behind childhood and your friends. Sort of like American Graffiti in the scene that when they say 'Can't be seventeen forever'.
Another theme I caught on was that RENT BOY hesitates to grow up and stay young because of the pressure of being an adult like with bills and all that and I guess, the dependent on drugs keeps him in a state of adolescent bliss to block the feeling of numbness of mental fatigue that being an adult would bring on young adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment