Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lady Vengeance

HATED IT AT FIRST! BORING AS HELL until --

THE ENDING! Then I started to pay attention and not want to curse myself for coming to class that day because that ending was awesome - a little too long and overdown but awesome because it reminded me of SAW a little bit, in the idea that 'yeah, they're making him pay for what he did' which I thought was cool but either I wasn't paying attention at the beginning (I'll admit, the muff-diving scene turned me off and on at the same time and after that, I honestly wanted to leave or go to sleep for some reason) but I felt like I could've made a better ending to that film for some reason. Like on the way home, I kept thinking about it and what I would change. That main character was hott, too and very good actress - REALLY impressed me! But seeing those kids cry when they were killed sort of made me mad like the old guy sitting next to me mentioned his little 'hoo-hah' about he'd kill that man without hesitation or care, which I would to and actually sit there and wait for the cops to come and tell them I did it and if they don't like it, they can drink some Cyanide in red kool-aid!

The theme of the film, to me, would have to be that of revenge and vengeance. There is no question.

Like I said earliar, the beginning of the film was tedious and you couldn't really understand it because you didn't know know where it was going or really what happened until the film went along and got closer to the ending. It could've been because it was in a different language, though or just me. But yeah, revenge definately had to have been the theme but it was well-deserved revenge. It was like the revenge in a movie like The Road To Perdition with Tom Hanks - the kind that seemed justifiable in the end, but what was genius about it was that, the girl actually showed the parents of the children that THAT MAN actually killed their parents and then she let them decide what to do. That was genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment