Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hero

Loved this film! Not so much as I think I should but I do love the look of it, more so than anything else because honestly the action seems a bit supernatural or ethereal in the sense that, 'okay, yeah impossible but I'll go with it for now' whereas in the MATRIX (which it reminded me of), we felt the action was possible because ... well, it was IN the matrix and since NEO is THE ONE, he can do that shit.

I liked the scene where the girls were fighting in the forest with the leaves! Shit man, that was cool as fuck like literally because I look at films from a filmmaker's perspective and I couldn't figure out how they did nor do I think I want to. But yeah, there was certain things about this film that I liked, which was basically the soundtrack and cinematography, which I think it won awards for but I'm not sure.

After I watched it, I tried to find the script online but I couldn't because I like to read screenplays after I watch films but yeah, dude, I liked this film but probably wouldn't watch it again and again but if I'm on a plane and flying to LA and it's on, I'd watch it!

There is a phrase that came to me with this film which is 'it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees' but oddly, some of the main characters thought different. All but JET LI'S character who was bent on destroying the emperor out of revenge of what he did. But even he struggled later on during the film, I guess, because of the other characters trying to talk him out of it. Even the couple fought against each other in accomplishing the task. The theme of the film comes off as tyranny and totalitarian because the emperor did have control over everyone else, didn't he? I think I caught that.

No comments:

Post a Comment